Masterpieces of Mystery In Four Volumes
"I presume you looked to the mirrors, between the boards and the plates, and you probed the beds and the bedclothes, as well as the curtains and carpets."
"That of course; and when we had absolutely completed every particle of the furniture in this way, then we examined the house itself. We divided its entire surface into compartments, which we numbered, so that none might be missed; then we scrutinized each individual square inch throughout the premises, including the two houses immediately adjoining, with the microscope, as before."
"The two houses adjoining!" I exclaimed; "you must have had a great deal of trouble."
"We had; but the reward offered is prodigious."
"You include the grounds about the houses?"
"All the grounds are paved with brick. They gave us comparatively
Editor's choice(view all)
Popular books in Mystery/Detective, Short Story Collection, Short Story, Ghost Stories, Fiction and Literature
- Cleveland Moffett
- A mystery with a macabre ending.
- A card, given you, that you cannot read, but everyone else can and they don\\\\\\\'t want anything to do with you, after they read it.
But, no one will tell you what it says.
II. THE GREAT VALDEZ SAPPHIRE - Anonymous
- A mystery and jewelry robbery.
III. THE OBLONG BOX Edgar - Allan Poe
- Is your life worth the contents of the oblong box?
IV. THE BIRTH-MARK - Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Your a chemist and you believe you can remove your wifes only beauty flaw, a red hand shaped birth mark. At what price?
V. A TERRIBLY STRANGE BED - Wilkie Collins
- You broke the bank when gambling? How many unique ways are there to take your money from you? And maybe your life.
VI. THE TORTURE BY HOPE - Villiers de l\\\\\\\'Isle Adam
- Spanish Inquisition tale. What would be the worst torture?
VII. THE BOX WITH THE IRON CLAMPS - Florence Marryat
- A mysterious box and an old relationship.
- The ingredients for a bigger mystery and a tragic secret.
VIII. MY FASCINATING FRIEND - William Archer
- A story of espionage. Are your friends really what they seem?
IX. THE LOST ROOM Fitz - James O\\\\\\\'Brien
- A ghost story. Did you loose your room or was it ever yours. Will it be yours again.
- Upvote (1)
- Downvote (0)